The six Joint Undertakings (JUs) – BBI, Clean Sky, ECSEL, FCH, IMI and SESAR – will be showing the state of play and results of their programmes to date. The event takes place in the framework of the 7th European Innovation Summit at the European Parliament from 7–10 December 2015 and in the presence of policy makers, industries, SMEs, and academic and research organisations.
During a joint session " Socio-economic impact of the Joint Undertakings" on Tuesday 8 December from 17:00 to 19:00 ( Room PHS 5B001- European Parliament), the six JUs will look beyond the current achievements and investigate the broader socio-economic impacts of the JUs as an innovative model for innovative research aiming at increasing the European competitiveness and improve the quality life of European citizens. With the EU Horizon 2020 Programme now fully in motion, examples will be showcased in order to highlight the technological progress and the potential of the work undertaken for growth and jobs in Europe.
BBI JU will also participate at the session " Smart Regulation & Innovation for EU Agriculture" on Wednesday 9 December, 15:00-17:00 (Room ASP 5E2- European Parliament). In cooperation with the Agri-Food Chain, BBI JU would like to:
- highlight sector examples that demonstrate the value of Innovation to help us improve food security, feed a growing population and transition towards a bio-based economy
- discuss sector examples that provide clarity for investments, long term stability and joint financial commitment for the bio-based economy
- discuss sector examples and areas where we a policy shift is needed to prevent us falling further behind due to an overly cautious approach to the uptake of new innovative technologies
Abstract of the joint session and the detailed agenda of the event are available at
If you wish to attend all or part of this event, please register at
Registration for participation will be closed on 27 November 2015, as requested by the European Parliament security.
- Press release
- Socio-economic impact of the Joint Undertakings
- Smart Regulation & Innovation for EU Agriculture