The IV European Bioeconomy Congress, organised by the Marshal’s Office of the Lodzkie Region, will be held on 6-7 October 2016, at Lodz, Poland.
The purpose of this Congress is to create a friendly atmosphere around the innovative, effective and competitive approach to activities intended to support the development of bioeconomy. This year’s, fourth edition of the Bioeconomy Congress is a two day event, organised as part of the Bioeconomy Week, with an active participation of representatives of business circles, regional governments, academic communities, business environment organisations and institutions from Poland and from abroad, who support the development of bioeconomy.
The objective of the Congress is to bring its participants up to date on current strategies and initiatives that enable the development of bioeconomy in the European Union, as well as to intensify the collaboration between regions of Central and Eastern Europe.
BBI JU will run a Plenary Session in the second day, from 8.30 to 11.00, about 'Bio-based Industries in the Regions'. The agenda of this Plenary Session counts with the following presentations:
- Jerzy Buzek, MEP, President of ITRE, European Parliament
- John Bell, Director DG RTD, European Commission, Bioeconomy in H2020
- Stefano Bisoffi, Director CREA Italy, Elke Saggau, Federal Office for Agriculture and Food, Germany: SCAR Foresigth results
- Philippe Mengal, Executive Director, Bio-Based Industries Joint Undertaking
- BBI projects: best practices