BBI JU Project Officer Antonella Canalis will speak at a roundtable on Opportunities for the Bio-Based industries in Croatia organized by the Croatian Ministry of Agriculture and hosted at the Faculty of Agriculture of the University of Zagreb on 4 July.
The event will include an initial session on the European context for the bio-economy/bio-based sector, a session on Developing a bio-economy and bio-industry sector in Croatia, and a final one on Policies and initiatives for developing the bio-economy and bio-industry sector in Croatia, including a debate with ministry representatives from Agriculture, Economy, Energy, Research and Innovation, Environment to explore next steps for bio-based industries in Croatia.
The following aspects will be discussed:
- How to mobilize Croatian stakeholders
- What are the hurdles for business to develop the bio-based industries in Croatia
- Partnership and cluster models, are they the right approach for business development for a bio-based sector in Eastern Europe
- Boosting innovation capabilities and technology transfer opportunities, what is the role of public policies
- How to create synergies between key EU financing instruments and policy initiatives relevant for development of the bio-economy/bio-based industries, also in consideration of the up-coming Croatian EU presidency